Could the title be any longer, lol...I couldn't think of anything catchy, so that'll have to do for now :P Well, June went by just as fast as May, but we did go to the Pima Air & Space Museum and celebrated our 8mo wedding anniversary.
The museum was awesome! Jonathan had been before when he was out here for training a few years ago, but I had never been. We went late afternoon to escape some of the Arizona heat, so we didn't get to see the whole thing before they closed. We still saw a ton though! They had really cool WWII planes and memoriabilia & the docents (volunteers who guide tours & answer questions) were veterans and had flown some of the aircraft in the museum so that was cool to hear their adventures. It was the first time to really try out the new big dawg digital SLR. Of course I took tons and tons of pictures, as did Jonathan on the point & shoot digital...so between the two of us, there were a million pictures (not really, lol, but it felt like it).
Around the first of June, Jonathan surprised me by coming home with a single pink rose! It was absolutely beautiful and had a gorgeous two tone color with a medium pink body and a bright pink tip on it. What a wonderful surprise :D He's so good to me and spoils me rotten. Then, for our 8mo wedding anniversary, he surprised me again with a half dozen beautiful lacy deep yellow roses with an orange tip and three pink star looking flowers! He picked it all out and a pretty vase with a pink butterfly on it, and had the florist shop on base put it all together :D Am I lucky or what?...Anybody who knows me knows that I adore flowers, and I got two wonderful flower surprises in one month :D I am a happy girl :D
We've been spending more time at home lately kinda chilling out and letting Jonathan de-stress from work a bit and also trying to unpack a little bit. While we've lived up here, we've seen some of the most gorgeous sunsets! The mountains don't seem as large where we are as they were when we were at the apartment, but then again, we are more in the mountains than at the foothills. It's still gorgeous, and we feel extremely blessed everyday we wake up and see the sun glowing in the ridges of the mountains and every night when the sky is painted with brilliant oranges and pinks and purples. We can't wait for our families to come visit us so they can experience this beauty too! (hint, hint, lol :P )
I'm still searching for a job with NO luck at all! Everything is online too...everytime I go in somewhere, they tell me to apply online and it goes straight to the manager....whatever! I have been applying all over from things on careerbuilder.com, craigslist, and department/pharmacies, etc. type jobs, and haven't had one single callback! We can pay the bills with Jonathan's salary and my unemployment, but my unemployment isn't for forever and I feel bad not working and contributing...call me wierd :P Not that I haven't really really enjoyed this break in working after having worked almost 24hrs a day 7 days a week for about 5yrs :p , but I'm actually starting to get bored b/c I'm at the point of unpacking that I need Jonathan to be here to decide (since it's mostly his stuff)....but shhhhh, don't tell anyone that I get bored, lol :p
So, here's some pics of June which you should be proud that I really narrowed down the number of pics to look at! http://picasaweb.google.com/greeneblog/AircraftFlowersMisc?authkey=Gv1sRgCPv5y4XR7eqNZQ&feat=directlink
No comments:
Post a Comment