The Redhead, The Airman, The Mr. & Mrs.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Major Happenings of May

Wow...I can't believe that July is already here! I can't believe that I haven't poted since April :( May and June completely flew by! We have been pretty busy lately because as most of you already know, we bought a house at the end of April. Our house is just what we were looking for and has a great layout. It's basically brand new with new carpet, paint, and light fixtures; and it has a southwest feel to it with arches and niches and a tile roof. The location is awesome...we have a great view of the mountains in our backyard and have one of the very few Super WalMarts and a new theater and restaurants just up the road, but we don't feel like we're in the middle of a city. Speaking of which, the house is in Marana, AZ; but our address is still Tucson based.

We moved in the first weekend of May. Some guys from Jonathan's squadron came to help us move the big furniture, and then we moved the rest of it ourselves. Boy was that a long and tiring three days with numerous trips! It was about an hour each way to the apartment because you have to go through the backroads to get there! I have to admit that it was kinda sad to leave our apartment since it was the first place we lived in out here, where we had our first Thanksgiving, first Christmas, first Easter as a married couple. But all that quickly faded once we got all moved in to our super spacious house, haha :p

Since we had to move right after getting married, there wasn't any time to go through stuff before the movers packed it all up. Most of my stuff I had gone through while packing to move to Jonathan's house in Shreveport, but there was still tons more to go through. So, just about every day since we moved in, I've been going through the boxes and boxes and boxes of junk..I mean stuff :p...that we have. All I can say is that the Thrift Store on base and the Airman's Attic are getting a truckload of new merchandise :p People really don't do garage sales out here, so we're just gonna donate it to the Airman's Attic where new airmen who come here and can't afford furniture can go get some for free. We may make some money off of the stuff we donate to the thrift store, but it doesn't really matter because we're just happy to get rid of it :)

The kitchen was the first thing to get set up. I spent about a week on that because I have SO much storage room and had to figure out where I wanted everything :p We also had to get new appliances, and they are Awesome!! We got all stainless steel/black Kenmore appliances. The side-by-side refrigerator actually keeps food cold, the gas (oh how I LOVE cooking with gas!!) stove doesn't burn food, and the dishwasher actually cleans the dishes :D Which is all such a NICE change from the crummy apartment appliances :D We also got a new washer & dryer.

Poor Jonathan was sick with the flu for about a week and a half over Memorial Day weekend, so we just sat around and were lazy. It was so sad to see him so sick and I couldn't do anything to help him feel better. A very helpless feeling :( Thank God, he only had it for a short time and healed quick because the flu can last for a long time sometimes.

On Memorial Day, Jonathan was feeling a ton better :) So, we went to some furniture stores and ended up with an awesome deal at a local furniture store. They had almost half off the furniture! We got a really pretty and comfortable sofa, loveseat, and chair. Oh my goodness, who knew picking out furniture was such a long process. Sitting and sitting and more sitting, liking the feel but not the look, liking the look but not the feel...ugh :p We finally found a set we could agree on for style and comfort. They are chocolate brown microsuede and have a southwestern elegance that we're going for in our decor :) Soo nice to have real furniture!

Oh, and not only did we get new furniture, but we also got a new camera!! We were just walking through the mall one day and saw that Ritz Camera was going out of business here. So we went in and saw a Cannon 30D for over half off!! I've always wanted a digital SLR, and Jonathan bought it for us :) We just couldn't pass up such a great deal, and it will more than pay for itself when we don't have to pay for film and then developing...because we all know how I LOVE taking pictures of everything :p Our little point and shoot digital cameras will still get a ton of use, but for trips and outings to the mountains around here, you gotta have a nice big camera, right? :)

God has really blessed Jonathan and I in our marriage to be able to afford such luxuries early in our life together. We look around the house and feel so blessed everyday that He's allowed us to have all that we have, especially in these hard economic times.

Here's some pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/greeneblog/OurHouse?authkey=Gv1sRgCLCutOaV3vbC6gE&feat=directlink

No comments: