This past weekend Jonathan took me to the Tucson Botanical Gardens to see the butterfly exhibit they have in the spring. I could not wait to go, because you know how I LOVE me some butterflies...and if it would've been a ladybug display, well I don't think I would've been able to stand it I would be so excited :p
The butterflies were flown in as larvae from around the world and hatched there at the garden. They were then put in a greenhouse that was full of exotic flowers and trees and kept at a nice 95% humidity!! Boy, did we feel it too, just like back home in the South :D The butterflies were gorgeous and so unusual looking. They were used to people being around I guess because a lot of them stayed still while lots of people were there taking their pictures! I think I took like 3 rolls of film in there, haha :p Jonathan even had a few little friends follow him around...a butterfly on each shoulder! They flew and attached onto him and stayed until we left.
I had no idea that all of the flowers I'm familiar with from the South could grow here! There were several small garden "rooms" with everything from iris, to roses, to pansies & geraniums, and of course cactus. They were all so gorgeous, and there were several types that we'd never seen before.
I loved seeing all of these beauties, and of course we took tons of pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/greeneblog/BotannicalGarden?authkey=Gv1sRgCPz285SgzPGHDA&feat=directlink
No comments:
Post a Comment