Our first married Easter was this past weekend, and it was great. We went to church and relaxed the rest of the day. I got Jonathan a new salmon colored (yes, a color...haha, because we always joke how good he looks in color & needs more of it in his wardrobe) shirt, and he looked super handsome in it :D For lunch, I cooked a roast in the crockpot the night before complete with potatoes and carrots, and I baked an apple pie! It was all yummmyyyy!
The Easter bunny even came to visit us! Momma, Daddy, and Gabe sent us a wonderful box full of yummy goodies :D Jonathan and I both got a M&M figurine with m&m's in them, a Reesee's chocolate egg, licorice jelly beans (YUM!!!), and cute little chocolates in the shape of ladybugs and bees :D Bella also got a rope bone that she LOVES, and we got her a doggie cookie bone. I gave Jonathan a card and some Reesee's peanut butter candies.
We also got a surprise snow that blanketed the mountains for Easter! It was really pretty, and now that I think about it, sorta like a representation of Jesus. Jesus died and rose for our sins and is as "pure and white as snow" (as the old hymn goes). He blankets the world with his love and forgiveness if only we will look upward to Him and accept Him. Just like you had to look up to see the snow in the mountaintops here in Tucson. The snow was not visible by Monday. Also, Jesus was not visible after he ascended into heaven....but, the difference is that even though your can't physically see Him, Jesus is always with us by our side and is visible in the smallest everyday things if we look hard enough. Thank you God for sending your Son, Jesus to save us from our sins so that we may have life eternally with you!
Here's the pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/greeneblog/Easter?authkey=Gv1sRgCPTUktP3wJ3RBg&feat=directlink
No comments:
Post a Comment