Our 6month wedding anniversary and Easter were both last weekend. I cannot believe how fast time has flown...it's already been 6 whole months since we've gotten married...almost 6 whole months since we've packed up and moved out here to Tucson!!!! Wow, this realization means I'm getting old, haha...not really, but this past half a year has flown by.
We celebrated by going to play putt-putt the weekend before last, which ended up being a good thing because on our actuall anniversary, it was cold and rainy and snowing in the mountains. The putt-putt place was the nicest I've been to since I was a kid and played in Gulf Shores, AL. There were really pretty flowers and grass and water! Something you just don't see around here, haha :p
It was a lot of fun playing, and of course Jonathan beat me :p Then we played in the arcade there some playing games and air hockey. We always have a lot of fun playing air hockey and can get a little competitive :p
For our actual anniversary day, Jonathan found a photography center at the university here (University of Arizona). So, we went to see the exhibit on display which were black & white pictures of India. They were really neat to look at, and we felt all cityfied in a big art gallery, haha :p The center also has a permanent display of Ansel Adams, but it was closing time so we'll have to go see that another day.
We went out to eat at an historic restaurant El Charro downtown at their original location. It was SO good, and the portions were huge! The food is authentic food the way the Mexicans who live here in the Sonoran Desert prepare it. Jonathan had a fish burrito that was excellent. I had carne seca which is a delicious type of beef they cure by marinading it in lime juice and other things, then drying it out on the flat rooftops. We had a lot of fun eating out.
As for gifts, well, we bought each other a house...what a great present for 6months! After eating we went and looked at some furniture to get an idea of what we might want.
I can't believe what all we've done and seen in the short time we've been married! Probably more than most do in the first 6yrs. I'm so lucky and blessed that God brought us together! During these short 6mo., we've learned more about each other and grown closer and more in love. We had a great 6mo. anniversary together and are looking forward to many more months and many years together :D
Here's the pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/greeneblog/6moWeddingAnniversary?authkey=Gv1sRgCOW1866EgfOAdA&feat=directlink
No comments:
Post a Comment