The Redhead, The Airman, The Mr. & Mrs.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Dessert Fourth of July!

I got home to AZ from home in LA, lol :p on July 3rd just in time for a 4th of July celebration Tucson style :D We had been planning on going to the big party on base that I'd been hearing about was such fun. Anyways, when we went to Home Depot to get some workbenches for Jonathan to organize his tools in, we saw that they were setting up for fireworks in the huge empty space across the street from our neighborhood. So, we just decided to stay home and watch them from our front yard! They had like 4 or 5 huge fireworks shows in the city and surrounding areas...one up where we live in Marana, 2 or 3 in the city of Tucson, and one on base...crazy :p

So, we grilled us some hamburgers and hot dogs and corn and steaks...and yes it was just the two of us, lol, but since Jonathan had the grill goin, he wanted to go ahead and grill the other stuff :p It was the first time we'd grilled corn. I had been wanting to do it since I saw it in a cookbook, and boy was it delicious!!

But back to the topic, lol....the fireworks were SO pretty with the mountains in the background (which you couldn't really see, but still I imagined it :p ). We sat out in the front yard and watched them and I took pictures of course. Bella even came out with us, but she was kinda scared of the noise..imagine that :p

It was a wonderful night and a wonderful, relaxing way to celebrate one of my most favorite holidays...our country's independence :D

Here's the show: http://picasaweb.google.com/greeneblog/ADesert4thOfJuly?authkey=Gv1sRgCMXq99S8p5KEQg&feat=directlink

No comments: