The Redhead, The Airman, The Mr. & Mrs.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I got to go home to good ol' Louisiana for almost 2wks at the end of June, first of July! I was so super duper excited to see my family because it had been almost 5 months since we had seen each other, which in my book, is way too long :p The only thing that would've made it most perfect would be in Jonathan could've come also...he didn't have the time to take off, so he had to stay home, boo :( I was a good wifey and spent 2 whole days before I left cooking him food and freezing it for him to eat while I was gone.

Jonathan was a little nervous about me flying with Bella by myself, but it ended up working out fine. She was no problem at all and slept most of the time :P The only problem was that going from Tucson to Atlanta, I had a middle seat and the person in the window seat wouldn't let me sit there (jerk!) and the plane was full so I couldn't sit elsewhere...so Bella and I were smushed like sardines for the 3hr flight. Once we got to ATL though, it was fine and we had a little over 3hr layover. I got something to eat and made my way to my next concourse (which was SOOO much nicer than at Christmas and we had to sprint to the other side of ATL in a different concourse in like 5min). I saw that my gate changed, so I went to the new gate and started chatting with an Army wife who was travelling with her 6wk old baby (no way by myself!). Anywho, I wasn't seeing anybody start to gather, so I go and see that the gate has changed yet again. As I'm walking to the 2nd new gate, I see on the board that my flight was canceled!! AGH, are you freakin kidding me?!?! It was canceled due to some mechanical errors which I'm glad they found before we were in the air! So, Bella and I were in ATL for almost 8hrs! It ended up passing by pretty fast though, but I did get a little red-head on them :p

We finally flew into Monroe around 8PM. I was SO excited to see my parents & Gabe, and Bella was too! She jumped straight from my arms into Momma & Daddy's :D We had so much fun just hanging out. Of course we cooked a lot and ate fried catfish, homemade pizza!, deer steak, and tons of other great food and desserts :D

The trip was uneventful in that we didn't go do anything, because what is there to do in Monroe :p , but just the relaxing and staying up late and sleeping in late was wonderful! The whole extended family on Momma's side did get together a couple of times and that was pretty good. I got to go shopping with my great aunt which I loved! We got some funky bright blue suede sandles with fringe on them, lol :p Not normally something I would go for because I'm not that brave, but she got some and so I got some...and they are my new favs :D Momma & Gabe had to work, but it was fine because I still was around them at night and the weekend. Daddy and I took Momma to lunch a few days which was lots of fun.

Bella and Sadie had SO much fun playing together. Lol, I think Sadie was ready for Bella to leave after like the 1st day :p They wore each other out, and it was sad because they both moped around and were so sad when Bella and I left. Bella wouldn't play for almost a whole week, and Momma said Sadie wouldn't either :( They're both back to their normal selves now of course :D

Momma and I got to have a girls day and went to see a wonderful movie The Proposal. It was so much fun! We went to the movie and then to good ol' Wal-Mart & the grocery store, just like old times :p And Daddy took me out riding on the boat. It had been awhile since I'd been on the lake, and I almost forgot how beautiful it is with the big cyprus trees covered in the mysterious moss. Oh and of course I took tons of pictures of them :p

The week and a half went by waaayy too fast! I was super excited to get back to my Jonathan, but also super sad to be leaving my family again knowing that it'll be another 4mo or so before we can see each other again. Living over 1200mi from each other is hard, but it's been good because I've grown up (yuck for adult responsibilities, lol) and gotten to experience things I probably never ever would have. I'm so blessed that God gave me such a wonderful husband to take care of me and have this great adventure with, and also that He gave me such a wonderful family who I can still stay super close to across the miles and still feel like they're right around the corner :D

So, here's some scenery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/greeneblog/HomeSweetHome?authkey=Gv1sRgCNaw5fiG0u3TcQ&feat=directlink

No comments: