The Redhead, The Airman, The Mr. & Mrs.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

More of Sabino Canyon

My new friend Nidia and I started walking in Sabino Canyon in the mornings. I love visiting with Nidia during our walks and learning about her Puerto Rican culture! We walk about 6.4mi almost to the end of one of the trails, so it takes about 2hrs (we don't walk fast obviously, lol :p ). It is sooo much more gorgeous than I remember it being when I walked with our realtor back in the spring this year. We have to go around 6:30AM to avoid the heat because even down in the canyon (or up in the canyon I should say since it is a little over 3,000ft elevation) the intense sun makes it hot. Our goal is to walk the whole trail and then start walking the other trail Bear Canyon where they have more waterfalls and hopefully isn't named because it has bears!

Here's some pictures of the canyon along with a recent gorgeous sunset we had at the house: http://picasaweb.google.com/greeneblog/MoreOfSabinoCanyon?authkey=Gv1sRgCP2joY7_qdW-igE&feat=directlink

No comments: