I am proud to say that I worked out THREE times this week!!! Yes, that's right 3 times :-) As I mentioned last time, hubby bought me a gym membership. We looked around and decided to go with the YMCA (come-on, I know you're singings the song...don't lie, lol). First of all, our friends are members there so that is a huge help. Second of all, it has SO much to offer...who knew that the "Y" has all sorts of free classes, free 12wk personal trainer, 2 pools, free childcare (for the future), and tons of other great stuff with a membership. I'm totally impressed with it, and it's SO much more cheaper than a regular boring gym. I'm sad though that not every city has one because I know my Momma would love it, but our little town doesn't have one anymore.
Anywho...my fellow Millie, Rebecca, worked out with me on 2 of the days. Oh but don't worry, she totally one-upped me by going 5 times this week to work out, lol :P On Wednesday and Friday we did the elliptical and ran 3 miles each day!!! What?! I know it seems crazy, we were quite shocked ourselves, but when you have a good friend to workout with and you get to talkin (we couldn't talk that great because we were working our tails off!)....time flies and the miles add up :-) I was so proud of us that I treated myself to some fat free yogurt from Buy The Ounce (our version of Orange Leaf, or other places you serve yourself and pay by weight)....lol, hey, don't judge, yogurt is healthy, and I got fat free with fruit topping! YUMMY!!
We're both doing the 12 week personal training that we get for FREE with our membership. You meet with a trainer 4 times over a 12wk period to build a solid routine and learn how to correctly work out. My trainer told me that for the first month while I'm building my stamina and to loose weight faster, I should only do cardio 3-5 times a week for only 45 minutes and not get my heart rate above 153. Odd, I know...but what he said sort-of makes sense. He said that when you work out hard, your body goes into fight or flight and starts taking energy from essential organs whereas if you go slower at a more controlled speed, your body takes energy from abdominal fat (BINGO!) and you loose weight faster. Sounds good to me :-)
![]() |
| I'll go from looking like this (For current weight, probably add about 5-10 pounds on this picture) *This was Fall 2010 at a winery in southern AZ* |
![]() |
| To this!! OK, maybe this is a bit too skinny, but you get the idea :-) *This was on my high school senior trip to the Gulf of Mexico, 2000* |
![]() |
| Or, I'd even be happy with this! In between, but about 7 sizes skinner than today :-) *This is me & the hubby (then boyfriend) in Vicksburg, MS in 2008* |
As for the mental/faith exercise....I think all of us know what happened this week and the possibility of us as military not getting paid. UGH, I won't get on that soapbox other than to say, thank you Jesus for good men like Speaker Boehner and that next year is an election year!!! We need more men like that and those in this picture in office:




4 comments:
Serious YAY for you! Good job working out!! I think I need a membership to a gym. It's so difficult to exercise "whenever the weather is nice enough" around here, lol. Washington State has bipolar weather!
Aw thanks so much!! Lol, Yeah, that would be hard! It helps when you have a workout buddy to keep you accountable :p
I badly need a workout buddy!!! My local gym has a sign out front right now "2 for 1 memberships-- bring a friend" but I don't know anyone, lol. Sigh!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
It took me forever to find a friend to workout with! Don't give up :p Lol, I'll be your long-distance workout buddy :p Thanks! Hope you have a great weekend as well :-)
Post a Comment