OMG!! SO, I'm definitely not a stranger to working in retail, I have worked in boutiques and up-scale department stores...however, my current retail job has been a whole new experience in types of customers. It never seems to fail that I get the worst customers who believe they're entitled to everything under the sun. I've never had such customers as I've had the last couple of weeks. So, from my 10+ years of retail experience, here is a top 10 list of how NOT to act as a customer:
1. I don't make the policies!!!!! So please don't act ugly to me when I tell you "No, I can't return this for you" or whatever the situation is.
2. I love a good coupon, but good lord, don't try to use 5 of the same coupon on items under $10! You know you only get maybe $0.40 off the item anyway!
3. Refer to #1 regarding #2. I can't help it that I have to ring up your items separately if you want to use the same coupon; or that I can only do this for three items. You will have to go to another register if you want to use your coupon on the 4th item ya cheapscate.
4. I know my rock is gorge!! But please, do not grab my hand to get a closer look!!! I don't know you that well. Thank you, but simply tell me that it's gorgeous and go on your way.
5. If you didn't bother to keep your receipt, don't expect full price upon returning an item four months later (after you've probably used it at a function). Again, refer to #1.
6. I'm not stupid! My manager will tell you the same thing I just told you. Again, refer to #1.
7. Although I make slave labor wages of $8.50/hr, I do hold a Bachelor's degree, a teaching certificate, etc. Hey, I gotta pay the bills too. I can't help it if you spend all your freakn money here! So don't act like it's my fault you spent too much. Refer to #2 & #6.
8. Speak ENGLISH if you're shopping in America!!!! or, at least know the phrases or how to tell what the total of your purchase is.
9. Please put your items you don't want back in the spot you got them from or bring them to us to put away correctly. This way, I don't have to deal with another angry customer who wants to know why it was in the clearance aisle but they're being charged full price!
10. Don't swipe your credit card the minute you walk up! Please wait until I actually hit the total...it screws up the old computer, and you'll just have to swipe it again.
{Whew, now that I got that off my chest} Thank you for shopping with us!...Ya'll come back now, ya hear :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment