Let's see, what's new over here: working out a ton, hubby went on TDY, working, planning summer trips!
The working out is going great! I LOVE our local YMCA. It's a lot of fun and everybody is super encouraging and motivating. There's SO much to do there too. They have a great salt-water pool outside with gorgeous mountain views, tons of classes, hightech fitness tracking systems, and lots of other options. I'm not sure that I've really lost weight with all this working out because I haven't kept up with Weight Watchers {I know!}. I am watching what I eat though! However, after our summer trips, I plan on getting back on the diet band wagon.
My super awesome Millie sister, Rebecca, and I work out at least 3 times a week now! We have a good thing goin' with a workout routine. We go workout around 9 or 930 in the morning, this way it gets our butts up and going {ok, really, my lazy butt...she has 21mo old twins so she's already had a full day by then}. We've been doing cardio on the elliptical, but lately, we've been doing something called GTS {Gravity Training System}. OMG!!! Talk about 30min. of kick your booty to the breaking point of burning muscles and stay sore for days afterwards but oh so good for you workout.
Think Pilates meets Bowflex meets Yoga meets row machine meets weight machine. The trainer plays up-beat music and pushes you to keep going. They're really motivating and helpful during the workout. Best of all, it's only 30min. so it goes by fast.
![]() |
| Here's the system. |
While he's been TDY I've just been enjoying watching all the HGTV I want, lol :P Going to bed and waking up when I want, skimping on cooking, cleaning up around the house, etc. Even though it's no fun being apart and not being able to sleep at night without my snuggle partner, I always look forward to the short TDYs so I can get some good cleaning done.
In travel news, I'm going home for a week and a half to go to my little brother's college graduation {sheesh, I'm old enough for that!!} and hang out by the lake with my awesome family :-D When I get back, we're going to San Diego!! Jon's got another TDY there for training, and I'm SO excited!! I've never been to Cali before, and it's been about 6yrs since I've been to the beach. However, this beach will be different as it's the actual Pacific Ocean and not the Gulf of Mexico I'm used to, lol...I've never even seen the real ocean before!

No comments:
Post a Comment