The Redhead, The Airman, The Mr. & Mrs.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Cleaning Time!

What a perfect time to finish school: SPRING! My favorite time of the year and a time for new beginnings.  I now have a ton of free time on my hands now that I'm finished with school!! I'm LOVING every minute of it, and I know that Mr. Peas & Carrots is sure enjoying me being done! Bless his heart for dealing with my long hours of putting together projects and lessons all the while neglecting our time together.

Revamping US: We remedied that last week by playing nightly video games. Yes, I am not the video game fanatic he is, but we've found a fun game that we both can play. It's called Little Big Planet 2 and reminds me of Super Mario Brothers if the brothers were sock monkeys. It really is a lot of fun and cute for me which I love, while challenging for him which he loves.  This has helped us reconnect and is a fun way to spend time together besides just watching tv or him playing WOW with guys from work (yes, I am a former WOW widow....former!! I didn't mind him playing since I didn't have time to spend with him, but now that I'm free, I want to spend that time with him sometimes, lol)

Cleaning House: First things first, I have scrubbed {and I mean SCRUBBED} the house top to bottom. Poor thing was so neglected during this past year and a half.  Ok, so we're no where near the t.v. show Hoarders, but it did need a good cleaning.  For some reason, when the house is disheveled and out of order, it makes me feel like my life is the same way.  Now everything is fresh, and clean, and pretty again.....hmm, kinda like me, lol.  I even make the bed everyday now just to keep that clean feeling :-)

Revamping Me: Holy cow I didn't realize how much strain I've been through until one morning a couple of weeks ago I let myself really look at myself! I had {eek!!!} white hair {gasp!!!} What the heck?! It was pretty scary...I mean my Momma had some when she was 19, but she has dark hair.  Mine is light, this shouldn't happen...sooo, I finally got my hair done for the first time since like Thanksgiving time!! Which, if you know me, is freakn insane! I love getting my hair done; it's just so relaxing and makes you feel better about yourself, right?

Getting Healthy: I've started back seriously with Weight Watchers and feel so much better! Hubby surprised me last night and told me he was getting me a gym membership with a personal trainer to help jump start my healthly living!!! I'm hoping this good nutrition and exercise will reflect in my skin and energy level now. Notice how when you eat yucky stuff, your skin gets all ugly and you feel all yucky too!

Hubby now gets delicious and nutritious meals {which he's very much loving} instead of quick, not so nutritious meals or the proverbial sandwich.  Side note: Weight Watchers has super yummmmyyy recipies that are really healthy but don't taste like nasty diet food.  I'm talking lasagna, cookies, fajitas, etc. people! YUM :-)

Task for this week: Finish organizing the mess out of the house! If you know me, you know how much I LOVE to organize, and since moving to Arizona we have been living out of organized chaos and a few boxes. {Yes, we still have a garage full of boxes, and I realize that we've been here a little over 2yrs, but hey, giveme a break...I've been a little busy getting edumacated, lol} I need to get some more storage boxes, but we're well on our way. 

I'll have pictures of all these new things soon :-) Enjoy your own spring cleaning, whatever it may be that you're cleaning!



Photobucket

2 comments:

KimberlyInSEA said...

Hi Ryley! Thanks for following my blog :-) I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the organizing! I am a super organizer as well!!!

Peas & Carrots said...

Hey Kimberly! Thanks for following my blog as well :-) Hope you have a great weekend as well!