Whoa....where in the heck has the time gone?? I swear! Well, my big 2-9 (yes, that's right....the last year of my twenties!!!!) has happened! How in the heck did I get to this age? I still feel like I'm 22. I missed out on a lot of my 20s while I was in restaurant world (not that I would ever change that!!), but my 20s have completely rushed by me! Growing up I thought, Oh by the time I'm this age I'll be married with kids and will be a doctor...see post below for that story. But, God had other plans for me...and He knows best, so I'm not goin to argue :-)
Now, at 29, I've checked off the marriage part...I've changed from the medical field to education (whaaattt?! Yeah, go figure)...I have no human kids, but I do have the most precious puppy baby in the world:
![]() |
| Look at that cute face!!! |
Overall, life is good. I'm not gonna let this last year of my twenties get me down...life's just beginning right? Haha, don't they say that you spend your twenties figuring out who you are and what you're doing, and then you got the rest of your life to enjoy who you've become....or something like that.
Oh well, I had a great birthday week! My parents and in-laws sent me some great presents, my hubby made the day special with a pretty cake and jewelry, and my friends threw me a party :-) My sweet hubby had a cake make at the Commissary (I LOVE their cakes!) and got some cute 2-9 candles to put on top of them. He even sang to me when he lit them....very, very sweet!!!!
I was very blessed with all of the birthday wishes and love of my family and friends! I intend to make this last year of my 20s the best one ever :-)
Here's a few pics of my birthday:
| My Super Fun Mardi Gras cake that my Millie, Laura MADE for me! |


3 comments:
We're still so young! I can't believe we're so close to 30 though...sounds like a girl trip needs to be put into the works.
I still have your present too...should have mailed it this week while I was off! I'll get it in the mail asap!
Love you!
I know!! It's scary..we'll always be "young" girls though ;-) Um, yeah!!! Definitely a girl's trip must be in the works for next year's milestone!!
Aww, you're so sweet! You didn't have to do that. Thank you!! Love ya!!
Hi Bethany! Glad to have you following :-)
Post a Comment