The Redhead, The Airman, The Mr. & Mrs.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Yay for a voice again! & Hubby's Bday!

So, by the title you can tell that I have my voice back :-) YAAAAYY!!! My hubby made me get a doctor's appointment, but I could go until Friday because I got out of school early that day. Well, Thursday night and Friday I didn't cough at all, so I was tempted to cancel my appointment.....buuttt, hubby said he'd sleep in the other room if I started coughing again because it was keeping him up :p So, I stuck with it.  My new PCM is only a 2nd Lt.!!! Fresh meat from med school!! What the heck....anywho, he said my lungs were all clear now, so I was all good =D

On another note, we had parent/teacher conferences Thursday and Friday! I have to be a nerd and say that it was actually fun :p I enjoyed getting to see th eparents and it was even more interesting to say "Ohhh, that's why your kid acts like they do!" lol :p For the most part, the parents that came on their own to see their kid's teachers and work were supportive parents.  Even those conferences we had that were for kids in danger of repeating 7th grade were pretty good.  There was only 2 that were disturbing: one the mom was just as out there as the kid, the other was very sad because they were practically homeless :-( So, we're working on getting help for this student.

Yesterday was my love's birthday!! I won the wife of the year award this year, lettme tell ya.  I was totally stumped this year. I had no clue what to get him for his birthday.  He doesn't need clothes because if he's not in uniform, he's in his lounge around the house clothes; and we don't really have money to go anywhere these days.....so that's outta the question.  He got a watch and cologne and books he wanted for Christmas, so that was out. I only had an hour on Friday between school letting out and my doctor appointment, and I couldn't find jack!! I was so mad.  I ended up getting him a movie he likes and some wine.  I feel horrible, but I do make his birthday super special for him at every chance I get.  I cooked his favorite meal: sausage hot dogs with chili and good buns (his words, not mine...something that cost more than a $1, lol), then I made homemade onion rings like my family's restaurant back home made.  I got him a chocoalte on chocolate cake from the Commissary, and it was super yummy. 

So, overall, I think he had a good birthday.  It's not about the things we give each other or the money spent on each other (which is little since it's his birthday, Valentine's Day, then my birthday all within 5 days of each other) ....it's more about the celebration of each other and going all out to make a big deal of birthdays (and other occassions) in ways like little notes, cards, phone calls, making special meals, watching something that he likes to watch on tv (or me for my bday, lol). 

It's the little things like that, that make birthdays special.  Birthdays were always HUGE for me growing up, so I think it sometimes catches him off guard, lol....but he loves it :-) I like making him feel special because he's always pampering me and making me feel like a spoiled queen.  So on his birthday and other occassions he has during the year, I like to celebrate him and show him how wonderful he is and how thankful to God I am for him :-) I think a lot of people forget that a birthday, etc. other special occasions, are "just another day".  Well guess what, it's NOT "just another day"....it's a day to celebrate the life that God gave for you to cherish your loved one/best friend!

So: HAPPY BIRTHDAY my sweet hubby!! I love you :-)

Photobucket

No comments: