Well, today is thanksgiving!! And I have tons to be thankful for....God blessing me with the most wonderful family in the entire world and this year I have a most wonderful husband too!! Our first thanksgiving was fun, I stayed busy cooking all day and Jonathan cleaned up boxes in the living and dining rooms. So, since I was busy all day, I didn't think about how I missed my family and that we weren't with them today; but that was a good thing so I wouldn't be sad (so yeah, I admit that I have good days and bad days of being sad and missing my family, but I stay busy and Jonathan makes me laugh so I don't get so sad, haha...and that's all I say about being sad)
I have been quite the "susy homemaker" lately and cookin' up a storm :) It's really fun! Last Saturday, I made a breakfast cake which was super good..but super bad for me :p But today, I made a feast! Last night I made a homemade chocolate pie with a merange crust!! It was so time consuming, but wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to make merange. Then today, I cooked for hours, haha...I made chicken casserole, macaroni & cheese (homemade kind), and green bean casserole. We had a small quarter of a ham instead of a turkey(...one of those pre-cooked, you just heat up kinda things).
We ate our Thanksgiving feast for supper, and I set the table all pretty with china (no, couldn't find my china my grandmother gave me so just used regular dishes), some crystal I found of Jonathan's, and mismatched linens, haha. It was pretty though, and the food was really good if I do say so myself!! But all that cooking, and now it's over...that's the way it always goes though, right :)
Here's the link (and I'm including some pretty mountain shots...the clouds were so pretty yesterday): http://picasaweb.google.com/greeneblog/HappyThanksgiving?authkey=mMGpeGlpF7o#
No comments:
Post a Comment