The Redhead, The Airman, The Mr. & Mrs.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Let's Play Catch Up!

So sorry I haven't posted in forever....the days and weeks have been passing by swiftly! Let's see, a quick recap of September and up til now:
1. I had to work 40hrs a week in September for my retail job.  Arg!! Any more than 15hrs a week when you work in retail (a super busy retail place) is bad....but 40, just about killed me! But, they've hired a couple more people, and I told them I had to go back to my usual 12-15hr weeks.  Besides about to fall over from exhaustion and leg pain, I was turning down way too many substituting jobs (which pay oh, about 2 1/2 times what I get paid hourly). 

2. Now I'm happier working 3-4 days a week 15-20hrs a week! Lettme tell ya, those Dr. Scholl's inserts that are fitted to your feet are AH-mazing! If you're on your feet all day, Get to your nearest Wal-Mart right now, take the test, and shell out the $50!! You won't be sorry :-)

3. Substituting has been kinda slow.  For obvious reasons, I had to turn down a lot of jobs in September :-( I subbed a few times though.  It's amazing how much kids have changed and how pitiful our school systems are.  I realized this when I did my student teaching earlier this year, but my goodness....it's so sad how bad and how ignorant and how "I don't give a damn about my education" kids are today. Anywho, I'll save that for another day.  Hopefully though, when I do get a teaching position, I can help change that attitude.

4. We got a 6mo deployment scare a few weeks ago, so everything hinged on that.  It was quite a shock because as an instructor, hubby is in a non deploying squadron.  Aparently though, no one is safe from deploying these days.  One guy in his squadron was already deployed (just found out, and he's been gone 5mo already! more on that in a minute).  Hubby was an alternate and someone else in the squadron was chosen to go because they had never deployed before, and hubby's deployed a lot (all before we were together).   I'm soo glad he didn't have to go, but it So stinks all the way around that even though hubby didn't go someone else had to go. 

5.  In addition to waiting on whether or not he'll be deployed, he's also on the alternate list for NCOA (Non-Commissioned Officer's Academy).  Sooo, we've been waiting on news about that.  Both of these things kinda put a stopper on everything.  NCOA lasts about 1.5 months and is in TX.  So, our big Christmas trip hinged on this now.  He probably won't be going to NCOA because they want him to represent his field at a huge military mega conference...so that's a huge thing :-)

6.  My best friend and I got chosen to be Key Spouses for our squadron!! Then the commander who appointed us moved to another squadron and the new commander for whatever reason is not keen on the whole thing.  We kept pushing for a Key Spouse even though our squadron only consists of 30 guys because info wasn't getting passed out to the wives.  A bit of background: we're a detachment squad and are based out of Sheppard AFB in TX.  So, even though our squad is located at DM AFB here in AZ, we're not connected with the base.  Therefore, a lot of base events and other important info isn't received.  Anywho...even though we've gone through training, and asked numerous times to meet with the new commander for roster, etc., he won't meet with us.  Considering the fact that one guy's deployed and nobody really knew (or seems to care) and another is going soon....we really need a Key.  Even though it's good to be in a small squad, it's So frustrating being in a small squad sometimes for reasons like this. 

7. Still no progress on weight loss....I really do need to get back on it though! Especially when I think of how far I'd come around June-ish and where I could be today if I hadn't stopped.  Now that it's not hellishly hot out, I feel more motivated. 

8.  I can't wait for December!!! We're taking the whole month off and travelling seeing sights and family!!! Now that we know hubby's not deploying or going to NCOA, we can plan :-)

9.  We just celebrated our 3yr anniversary!! Wow, it's already been 3 whole years! Time sure does fly and seems to be going faster everyday.  I long for when we first got married and weren't so involved in everything.  I am more in love with hubby now than ever, and I can't wait for the next 100yrs with him :-)

10.  Sometimes it's ok to say no...I've learned these past few months that I don't have to be involved in every little thing that goes on! I don't have to volunteer for every little thing!  I don't have to feel guilty for not being there.  I devote too much time to help people who don't return the favor.  Not like I'd change what I've done, but in the future, I'm going to be more selective of people and clubs and organizations that I invest my time, energy, and heart into.  I'm ok with being a bystander for a little while instead of leading :-)

Bonus #11. I'm totally obsessed with Pinterest!!!! If you haven't discovered it, you totally should! It's full of awesome ideas :-) Here's my site: http://pinterest.com/ryleyg/

Thanks for catching up...let's do this again real soon!


Photobucket

No comments: