The Redhead, The Airman, The Mr. & Mrs.

Friday, November 6, 2009

We've Been Married One Year!!!

Wow!! I can't believe we've been married for a whole year already! This has been one of the most stressful, but the most rewarding year of my life. I never in my wildest imaginations thought that I'd be experiencing the things that we did, both good and bad. This time last year we had only been married for a few short weeks and were just arriving at our new destination in Tucson, AZ. Boy was that a journey getting here! We saw some amazing sites and tested our new marriage with a very long, arduous trek across the country.


Since then, we've gone through a lot of ups and a few downs, but we've gotten so much closer to each other. I couldn't have made it without Jonathan (and I think he'd say the same about me, lol). He's been such a strong shoulder to lean on for me through all of this. I went through tons of emotions from being depressed about moving so far from home to being ecstatic about starting our new life together in a new part of the country. Jonathan was there every step of the way, letting me cry when I needed to and making me laugh when I needed a pick-me-up.


In the past year (our 1st year of marriage, by the way) we have:
  • gotten married

  • gone on a honeymoon to Little Rock/Hot Springs, Arkansas

  • leased the house in Shreveport, LA

  • had Jon's going-away at Barksdale AFB

  • said goodbye to my family for a little while (said goodbye to his at the wedding)

  • trekked across the country with a scared puppy dog, in Jon's truck full of stuff, pulling Ryley's car behind it full of more stuff for 3 whole days

  • saw the western part of TX (Midland!!! the Bush family :D )

  • went through El Paso and saw Mexico

  • saw Albuqurque, NM and the super super cold & windy weather there

  • got to Davis-Monthan AFB at night

  • stayed on base for the first two weeks

  • experienced dust storms, the desert, and severe homesickness

  • went searching for an apartment

  • found an apartment to live in for 6mo.

  • experienced a desert Christmas

  • went back home to LA for Christmas

  • traveled over Rt. 66 in January

  • saw the Continental Divide

  • saw tons of snow and gorgeous mountain ridges driving across northern AZ & NM

  • stayed home while Jon was at Sheppard AFB (Witchita Falls, TX) for 2mo. for training

  • went to OK on the way back to Tucson

  • met that part of Jon's family

  • got back and started looking for a house

  • Jon started teaching the 2M course

  • found a house and moved into our first house together!!!

  • went exploring around town and the Sonoran Desert

  • experienced our first desert summer (really not that bad!)

  • Ryley went home to LA in July

  • Ryley found a part-time job

  • got robbed of some family heirlooms (hope those people get what they deserve!!!!!!!)

  • Ryley got a full-time job

  • finally organized the house and starting to decorate

  • Jon got fully certified in his teaching

  • Ryley started the post-baccelaureate teaching certificate program to be a teacher

  • went on our anniversary trip to Las Vegas (super fun!!!)

  • walked across the Hoover Dam!! (dam good time, haha)

  • walked through the Valley of Fire National Park (stunning!!)

Whew.....is that all? I think I'm missing some stuff because this doesn't look like much, haha!! Holy cow we've done more in our first year of marriage than most people do in a lifetime!! I'm so thankful that we got to share all of this together. I thank God every day that He gave me such a wonderful, kind, sweet, strong, smart man to be my husband and stand by my side. After surviving all of that, nothing can tear us apart and get in our way! Jonathan's my best friend and partner through thick and thin. Thank you sweetie for being such a wonderful husband and taking care of me and Bella!! This was a wonderful and exciting first year of marriage, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for us for the rest of our life together :D

Here's the pictures from Las Veges. There's a bit more than I usually post, but I couldn't cut anymore out or you'd miss the cool sites of the Hoover Dam and Valley of Fire and the casinos. http://picasaweb.google.com/greeneblog/1stYearAnniversary?authkey=Gv1sRgCLCbvJ2sybTHWw&feat=directlink

No comments: