Holy canolli, it's September already!! And shhhh...I'm writing this at work while I'm trying to act like I'm busy, lol :p Oh yeah, so I got a full time job!! Yay...it's as an Administrative Assistant - Operations at the Community Food Bank. I help the operations team get food donated from large national donors (like Gatorade, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.) and get them distributed to the right department in our team: emergency food box department (people in need of food like right now!) and the agency department (agencies are shelters, churches, foster care, soup kitchens, etc. that feed people on a regular basis at their facility). I started as a temp with a temp agency, but they just hired me on full time this past Monday! Thank you Jesus, because we could really use that money with all those out of pocket expenses from being robbed.
Update on the robbery status is still nothing....they have no suspects and have found nothing. Poor, sweet Jonathan has been dealing with our insurance company for the past month and a half now, and all they ever say is that they need more information. Well duh, how much more detailed can we get without actually shoving the stuff under their noses which we can't do because some dumb a-hole stole it. Anyways, I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful hubby to take care of all of this mess for me!! He keeps me from being so stressed and getting so upset about it all :D We finally got our settlement this past week!
Anywho, so the job is going great. Everybody is super nice and says "hey" all the time which is a nice change seeing as how nobody outside of the foodbank, even my neighbors, are nice enough to say "hey". I really enjoy the lady that I work with. She's from the Phillipines and Hawaii so she has a lot of cool stories. And she's conservative, which this being a non-profit type company, you can imagine how many dang liberals there are working here! Nobody discusses it or really pushes it in your face though...not yet to me anyway.
School is still going good. It's not hard, it just takes for forever to do the assignments. I tried to do them during the week, but I'm always so tired or we have something going on (like Jon's bowling team for his squadron started this week). Oh well, I'll do better. Speaking of bowling league, I think it'll be fun. The base decided not to make it an intramural sport this year which means that spouses can play! Of course there are those in the squadron who don't like this, but whatever they can get over it.
I've also been meeting a lot of genuinely nice ladies lately through the ESA (Enlisted Spouses Association). There have been a few new wives come through that are actually nice and actually make the best of it out here. I've run into waaayyyyy too many wives who are interested in the soap opera life (many military wives are that way it seems) and just have it out not only for the area here in Arizona, but also for the Air Force. I just want to tell them to get over it. They knew what they were signing up for when they married their husband; so why not make the best out of it. It really frustrates me. But anyways, like I said, enough of them...I think I actually might make a few friends out here after all the way things have been lately :D
We also participated with Jonathan's squadron in the United Way Days of Caring at an elementary school. Jonathan and I build a raised garden bed thingy, and the other people planted some trees. Jonathan taught me how to use the circular saw and a drill!! It was actually fun :D It was especially fun that we got to work together and built something.
OH.....The big news that I'm super super super excited about: My parents are coming here for Thanksgiving!!!!!! I soooooo hope that my brother can come too, but he has to see if he can get out of school that week. Jonathan, Bella, and I are very much looking forward to having family come see us! Oh wait, that means we actually have to finish unpacking and start decorating more, lol...oh well, it's more than worth it!!
The weather here is starting to cool down; it was actually pretty chilly this morning! Sunsets are gorgeous as always, and we have awesome sunset views. The air is crisp in the morning, and I can smell fall on it's way. Can't wait to break out the fall decorations :D Wow, this year has gone by so fast!
Here's some pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/greeneblog/AugustSeptember2009?authkey=Gv1sRgCPLL3v3myLLNrwE&feat=directlink
1 comment:
Sounds like you're a busy bee these days! :) I'm so glad things are going well for you. Love you and miss you!!
Post a Comment