Soooo...I haven't felt like posting in a while because I've been busy, and also just because we've been getting over a horrible first of the month. As most know already, our house was broken into and we were robbed the first week of August. I was at a temporary job that day, for whatever reason I decided to go to Sonic to get something to drink (which is a trip since there's not Sonics on every corner here!), so Jonathan got home before I did. Well, I walk in, and he had been home only a couple of minutes before, and he told me someone broke in!!!!!! I freaked out, Bella was ok, but a good bit of my jewelry and our heirlooms were not there anymore.
Those horrible horrible nasty rat terds (I'll refrain from the words I called them) stole some of my jewelry, and it's not as if they could've taken the cheapo costume stuff, NOOooo....they had to take my two rings that my grandmother (who I never met) gave my Momma and Momma passed down to me and one day I was gonna pass them down to my daughter(s). Also, an antique garnet ring and custom made amethyst my Granny gave me, my great-grandmother's locket, some other jewelry, a whole dang freakin safe that had both mine and Jonathan's high school rings, Jonathan's Air Force ring, my purity ring, Jonathan's Air Force medals, his grandfather's pocket knives, and other misc. stuff collected along the years like stuff from when Jon was in Saudi Arabia and all. They also took the PS2 & PS3 and my 35mm SLR Canon w/lens and our digital SLR Canon w/lens!
Why?? While I was bawling my eyes out, Jonathan called the cops who came out and fingerprinted stuff. Of course none of the neighbors saw anything (they don't even say hey, so why would they care). The strange part of it all is that nothing was messed up other than one of the windows broken. So, everybody I tell say it must have been somebody we knew (which we turned in the name of some dumb-butt girl who was harassing me non-stop at that time, I won't go into that ordeal, but it's over now thank goodness), but it is quite suspicious the things they took and how they took care to place a picture frame on top of my jewelry box down beside it instead of throwing it across the room...things that make you go hmmm...Needless to say, there have been no leads :(
The cops said that AZ is a shoot to kill state (and off the record, a shoot and drag into the house state) and recommended that since we don't have kids to leave the gun loaded...which we now do! We got a nice alarm system, had to get the window replaced, and since spare keys were in the safe we had to change the locks on the house and Jonathan's truck. So, we'll be like Kevin, the little boy on Home Alone, and we'll be ready and waiting for those horrible people next time!
I don't understand why someone would do that, what does all those things matter to them? Why with all the tvs and computers and other stuff in the house, couldn't they have taken those things...things that can be replaced, things that don't hold meaning or memories??? I know the things they stole were basically "things", but it was ours and our memories and our heirlooms passed down to us, pieces that we can't pass down to our kids anymore. I don't understand some people and why they get off on things like that. I apologize for my bad language in this post, I'm still mad and working on it. I know that God will have His vengence on those that did this to us. I'm so very thankful that our little Bella wasn't hurt, and that we weren't there when it happened.
No comments:
Post a Comment