So, my work sent me to Chicago at the end of October for a Feeding America conference. They told me on a Friday before I had to leave the next Tuesday! I was really excited and honored at first....until I got back and discovered that they just sent me to send me. But, I have a job when many don't.....so I'm blessed with that and got a free trip out of it; so I'll stop complaining.
Anywho....so like I said, I was at a conference all day Wednesday. I met a few nice ladies from NC and went out to eat with them on Wednesday night. Then Thursday, I had about 2hrs. to explore the town. So, I walked around downtown, got a little lost, figured out the map that the hotel concierge gave me! (an accomplishment in itself!), and made it to Millennium Park, then trekked my way back to my hotel. The architecture was gorgeous and the trees were even more gorgeous!! I told Jonathan that we should go back just to explore the city. I was afraid it wouldn't be all that fun, but it's actually a neat city with some cool things to do. I didn't get to go shopping or to any of the tons of museums, but it was really neat to see the downtown area.
I was sooooo homesick while I was there!! Thank goodness it was only 2.5 days Jonathan and I were apart. We were sad to be apart, but of course he reminded me that it's not like we're apart for months and months like when he deploys. Overall, it was a fun experience to see a city I've never been to.
Here's some pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/greeneblog/Chicago?authkey=Gv1sRgCImf85igj72w2wE&feat=directlink
No comments:
Post a Comment