The Redhead, The Airman, The Mr. & Mrs.

Friday, October 17, 2008

We're Mr. & Mrs!

Yay! We're finally married :) Words cannot express how happy I am to be married to the most wonderful man in the world..the man God made just for me, and me for him!

The day before Momma, Nannie (my great aunt), Bobbie (Jonathan's mom), Grandma Greene, Heather, Jennifer, and I all went to eat lunch and then get our nails done. It was so much fun and was a great way for everyone to get to know each other. I'm so glad that everyone really enjoyed each other, and it felt like both families had always known each other :)


Momma, Nannie, Grandma Greene, & Bobbie.

The girls: Jennifer, Heather, and me.

Getting pedicures...SOOO relaxing!!


That night, we had rehearsal the night before which went pretty smoothly, then we all ate at my parents' restaurant (which is now closed thanks to the unsupportive town of Monroe, but that's another story, lol) It was so weird to do the rehearsal...didn't feel real at all, but it was fun and the food was delicious!

Rehearsing at the church. Yay!! It's for real tomorrow!


Momma and Jonathan eating. Grandma Greene, Bobbie, and Donnie.


Me and my Jen. Me and my Heather


My Daddy and me. Jonathan and me.

We were married in the same church that my wonderful parents were married in, and the church my family helped build. It was where I always dreamed of getting married, and Jonathan is the man I dreamed of marrying there. I don't remember much about the day, but I know it was just about perfect.


With my Momma and Daddy on the morning of my wedding.

That morning my wonderful Daddy took me to get my hair done...and my hairdresser said it was the first time in all her years that a dad has taken his daughter to get her wedding day hair done. It made me so happy and proud to be so close to my dad and honored that he would take me :) And he did a wonderful job at getting pictures of me getting my hair done.


Getting beautiful! Talking to my future husband on the phone!

By the time we got home, the cake baker was there and the flowers were being put together. My aunt and a family friend had taken over the kitchen preparing wonderful food for the reception. There was so much going on it felt like I was in a dream, what were they getting ready for....my wedding!



Hather and Cody arrived a little later, then Jennifer and TJ, and it was time to get ready. Heather had to practically drag me upstairs from taking pictures to go get ready, haha. It was all a blur after that. We wanted to get to the church before guests and Jonathan to take pictures, but yeah, those who know me, know that didn't happen, haha. Jonathan and his family were the first to arrive, so they got their pictures taken. Then we all arrived and took our pictures, with some guests to see, but oh well...

Jennifer and Heather getting ready. "Goin' to the chapel"

Jennifer and Heather were doing such a great job at keeping me laughing so I wouldn't cry, and Jennifer was so funny and fed me rice crispies like I was a little bird...it was a funny site. Then it was time to go! Holy cannolli was I nervous, but so happy. I couldn't even look at Daddy or I would cry, thank goodness I didn't see Momma before I walked down or I'd have lost it!

As Daddy and I were about to walk down, the tears started coming, but once again thanks to Jen's comic relief, I remembered something she had said and laughed instead. Walking down the aisle with my Daddy was like a dream...so surreal. I don't really remember what anybody looked like or who was there, all I was doing was trying to see Jonathan....and then I saw him, Oh so handsome in his uniform! And he was all smiles :)


Gabe walking Momma down the aisle. Daddy walking me down the aisle.

The ceremony seemed to go fast, and we both forgot everything we did in rehearsal the night before, lol :p But thankfully Heather's husband, Cody, was great enough to video everything so we can remember the ceremony! Everyone says it was a wonderful ceremony. We took pictures afterwards then went my parents' house for the reception. We were so happy and couldn't stop smiling, it was all such a dream.


The new Mr. & Mrs.!!!

At the reception, it was a blur of course, but everyone tells us it was fun and the food was great...now if we could've only enjoyed it too, lol! Of course that's what everyone says, that "the bride & groom never enjoys the reception". We didn't get to visit with everyone like we wanted, and people left soon after all the cake cutting and boquet/garter tossing was over. But, at least we'll have tons of pictures from our awesome photographer to remember it all by!

My great brother, his friend, and my dad decorated my car for the going away while Jonathan and I got a bite to eat. Around 8:30pm we left because it was just our families, Heather and Cody, and Jennifer and TJ left, and they all had to get on the road to drive back and get ready for early morning flights. They threw birdseed at us...and it got everywhere!















Overall it was the best day of our lives, a fairytale dream come true At Last!

No comments: