The Redhead, The Airman, The Mr. & Mrs.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Honeymoon to Arkansas

Well..obviously I haven't gotten the whole picture thing down, lol :p But hopefully it'll get better :)
So, we went to Little Rock for our honeymoon. We wanted to go somewhere close since we didn't have much time, and we thought there would be some pretty leaves to look at. Unfortunately, it hadn't gotten cold enough to make the leaves change, and we discovered it's an ultra liberal town, but we still had fun looking around town :p

The only fall colors we saw. Still beautiful!

Jonathan booked a super nice bed and breakfast called The Rosemont which was built in the 1800s and full of old radios and other antiques. I had never stayed in a B&B, and I highly recommend it because it's so homey feeling and just a cool experience. It was so cool, anyone who knows me knows that I love antiques and old things, and this was right up my alley. Jonathan arranged for our breakfast to be delivered each morning, what a treat! I felt like royalty :) It was served on a tray on antique china with real silver utensils! And boy was it great...I think I gained like 10 pounds at breakfast every day, lol :p

The Rosemont Bed & Breakfast.

The hallway. Love the decor :)

Some antiques in the dining room.

Delicious breakfast!

We went around looking at the sites like the Little Rock Air Force Base which was pretty cool. They have a pretty new base that's nice, but I still like our base (Barksdale) for it's 1930s beauty and oak trees.
Jonathan in front of a static plane display.


Us at the lake on base.

Then, we also looked around town and saw some shopping areas and went to the famous Peabody Hotel to see the duckies. They were just in the fountain at the time, we didn't go back for the march. I remember seeing them at the Memphis Peabody when I was a kid living in Memphis. They're so cute.

Peabody ducks in their fountain.

Me in front of some British pub downtown.
Jonathan in the Japanese Garden at the convention center.
The day we came back home, we stopped in Hot Springs on the way back. It was just a short stop, but it was fun to see. Jonathan had never been, so that was neat for him to see the hot springs and bathhouses. We toured one of the houses and walked on the Promonade and saw some hot springs. They were soooo hot!! You could see the steam coming up out of the ground! But it was a nice little detour.


Us on the Promonade looking for hot springs.


Inside one of the bathhouses. Very pretty & ornate tiles and stained glass.
Me in front of a hot spring. And yes, some fall trees!
See the steam?!


Jonathan burnt his hand! Not really, lol, but it was hot.
Overall, it was a great honeymoon, and a great last relaxation time we'll have for a while...until after the move. We had fun just strolling around through town, not on a time schedule, or having to be anywhere...it was a fun and relaxing time for the two of us :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.