1. I'm thankful for my health! This year I had 2 too many friends diagnosed unexpectedly with breast cancer. It makes you stop and think and realize the beauty in the small things in life {like having ugly roots I need to cover....sadly, these friends soon won't even get to enjoy those unsightly dark/gray hairs when their chemo kicks in...so, I'm embracing them until I find time/money to cover them}. And it's given me the jump start to get my weight back on track and get healthy again....and I mean it this time!!!
2. I'm thankful for having such a wonderful husband who stands by me and remains my true best friend when others leave {either through PCS or otherwise}. I can always count on him! He may drive me crazy at times, and we may have our little disagreements, but in the end, I couldn't have asked for a better husband/friend than he is to me! I mean, what other hubby would indulge their wife with doing arts & crafts with them :P
3. I'm thankful that I have such a close family!! I am able to talk to my Momma 10 times a day {what would we do without free cell to cell minutes}. I get to see my family twice this year when many of my friends don't even get to see their family this year. My parents and brother are absolutely my very best friends, and I can talk to them about anything at any time. Many friends don't have such a great relationship with their parents unfortunately.
4. I'm thankful for such great in-laws!! Even though we don't talk or see each other as much as we'd like, we have a great relationship building. I'm really looking forward to seeing them and spending time with them this Christmas! I'm lucky that we get along and enjoy being around each other...especially when I hear friends' horror stories about their in-laws.
5. I'm thankful that I'm still super close friends with my childhood friend. No matter how much time has passed between us talking, we pick right back up. This has been a super hard, trying year for her on many fronts, but I'm thankful we've been able to get through it together even though we're thousands of miles apart. She's more like a sister than just another friend, and it's comforting to know that I can count on her and she can count on me at any moment.
6. I'm thankful for a new friend I've found. Through all the craziness of being military spouses, we've been able to navigate it together and help each other. I didn't think I'd find another friend like the friend in #5 till I met this one.
7. I'm thankful that we've been able to maintain our lifestyle in this hard economy. Even though I'm not using my degree to teach, I have the opportunity to do some substituting and some tutoring. This could really be full time teaching if I were available more. It's a great experience to get my feet wet. And even though I've never had such mean customers in all my 15yrs of retail experience, I'm thankful for my retail job. The people who work there really are a lot of fun {and besides, who doesn't love getting all the perks/discounts of working in a retail store}.
8. I'm thankful that we did not have to go through a deployment this year! Don't get me wrong, I'm so very thankful for the others who have had to go, but I'm also glad that my hubby wasn't one of them this year.
9. I'm thankful that I've had the opportunity to get back in touch with things I haven't done in forever....like just read a book for pleasure, learn to decorate cakes like I've always wanted to, cross stitch, just be able to sleep late every once and a while.
10. Most importantly, I'm thankful for all of God's many blessings in my life from little to big. He always has my family and I taken care of, even if we don't see it yet...He is always protecting us and working in the background for us. It's amazing to see all the little ways He cares for me and my family!
So, what are you thankful for this year? Hope ya'll have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!
No comments:
Post a Comment