The Redhead, The Airman, The Mr. & Mrs.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Home Sweet Home for Christmas!

Well, I'm finally here!!! After counting down the days, the day for me to fly out of Tucson to Louisiana finally arrived yesterday, and last night I arrived back in the great bayou state :-) The flights were smooth and uneventful..thank goodness! I made my connection in DFW smoothly and didn't have to sprint over several terminals like the last 2 Christmases....good thing, because I'm not in shape anymore, lol, and I even got in a good nap :-)

You never realize how much you miss home until you're gone and then come back.  Actually, I stay so super busy in Tucson that I really don't have time to miss home or my family (which is a good thing and keeps us from getting sad!). My parents and brother greeted me at the airport....gosh they looked so good! It's been almost 7 months since I was last home and got to hug my family.  Bella jumped into their arms as always and was super excited to see her "Meimei and Poppy" :-) It was especially cute when she and Sadie (my parent's dog) saw each other through the window when we got to the house.  They were going nuts to see each other, and they were so excited to be back together again!

The house is all decorated and gorgeous as always.  I looooove my parents house at Christmastime! It's so homey and looks like a story outta Southern Living :-) Every nook and crany is decorated.  My Momma even decorated my old room for me with all sorts of Christmas decorations! Oh how I miss this place......

I get to be pampered and not have to think about my duties back home, I don't have to worry about fitting in all my duties as President of the ESA, no meetings, no stressing out over paperwork, no wondering if anyone will show up for volunteer work with me, no stressing about my upcoming student teaching (ACK!! just those words freak me out with all the stuff I have to do!)  I'm going to sit back, relax, eat a ton, drink a lot, sleep a lot, and just rest! So, that said, I probably won't blog again for a couple of weeks....ok, maybe a tiny bit :-p

Our days are already full of all sorts of yultide fun: Christmas parties, shopping, cooking and eating good Southern food!!, family time, catching up on watching movies together, Christmas Eve services at church, and tons of other stuff.  I'm really looking forward to all of it...I just hope and pray that the time here goes super slow! As the song says: There's no place like home for the holidays....!!!

Hope everyone has a Blessed and Merry Christmas!!

Photobucket

No comments: