The Redhead, The Airman, The Mr. & Mrs.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Deck the Halls....

Ugh...the marathon rush is full force now.  It's that time of year again for only 2wks. to do everything here before dashing off to the great bayou state to spent the Christmas with my family.  These 2wks. mean a mad dash to decorate, volunteer for everything & more going on base, shop, wrap up my last days at work (I've officially put in my notice!), bake goodies for gifts, and everything else.....but, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

So, here's what we've been doing....on Black Friday, Jon & I went to the VA Hospital here in Tucson and decorated Christmas trees.  There was a large group of Airmen from base, so we got all the 30+ trees done in record time (3hrs!!!)  It was a lot of fun, and I love our VA.  It's very pretty and looks like a pink Spanish Castle :-)  After that, we went to the BX to volunteer for Jon's squadron who was doing Gift Wrap at the BX that day for fund raising.

One of the many courtyards at the VA Hospital
 
Our tree we decorated :-)
We decorated our own Christmas tree and the house the next day.  I love decorating for Christmas!! We lit the balsam & cedar candle to make it smell Christmasy and turned on some Christmas music to set the mood.  I'm not much into the coordinated color trees, our tree is a mish mash of ornaments we've had since we were kids.  I love seeing them and remembering all the wonderful memories and stories that they tell.  We may go a bit overboard for only the 2.5wks we get to enjoy it but not decorating is not an option :-)  So, enjoy some traditional Christmas in the pictures:
 
What Christmas is all about!! This is a wooden Nativity my grandfather carved probably 20yrs. ago.

A little bit Southern and a little bit Southwestern :p
 
Of course have to have our Air Force ornaments! We have a ton, and I'm actually thinking of making a small
 tree just out of these ornaments next year :-)

Our pretty Christmas tree!

Hope ya'll have a Holly Jolly Christmas Season!!


Photobucket

4 comments:

caitlin said...

Your tree is beautiful! We are also headed to the bayou state for Christmas, so excited!

Peas & Carrots said...

Aw, thanks!! Me too!! Good food here we come, haha.....have fun :-)

Unknown said...

Love the tree! Its too cute! Newest follower!

Peas & Carrots said...

Hi :-) Aw, thanks!