Since we missed Jonathan's birthday, our 4mo Wedding Anniversary, part of Valentine's Day, and we were traveling back on my birthday (whew!)....so we decided to go out for an evening together Saturday.
We woke up and just relaxed Saturday morning which was nice and much needed. Bella didn't let us sleep very late, but that's ok, haha.
Saturday afternoon Jonathan took me shopping for my birthday present....cowgirl boots!!! I had just mentioned in passing before we left for the TDY that I've always wanted some real cowgirl boots, and it would be fun to have some especially now that we're in the west :p I was super excited about it. Originally he wanted to get me some boots with pink on them, but when we got to the boot store, we decided not to get them. The store was great, it was run by a local man who has owned the store for over 25yrs and just does it for fun. We stayed way past his closing time, but he was great in helping me pick out the right boot.
There were so many pretty ones to choose from. We saw some gorgeous black boots with red roses embroidered on them and some yellow and blue boots with roses embroidered on them (think iconic 1940s cowgirl boots)....but he didn't have any in my size. I should've taken a picture of them, but I didn't :(
He fit my foot for the right boot, and it was a little more difficult than he thought because my foot is long and narrow. We finally found the right size and started trying on. I tried on some gorgeous Lucchese, but they didn't feel good. Then I tried on some Nocona that had a design he had made especially for his store that felt great. The last ones were Boulet boots that felt great. Knowing me, I had such a hard time deciding between the Nocona goat skin boots (made in the USA) and the Boulet bison skin boots (made in Canada). We ended up getting the Boulet because Jonathan liked the pointed toe. They are gorgeous!! The detail is really pretty with all the stitching and embroidery. Of course I wore them out of the store :)
Fitting in with the whole western theme, we went to a place called Trail Dust Town to eat at Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse. It's a "western" town that used to be a movie set in the 1950s that they turned into a few restaurants, touristy stores, and a cool place to get old-timey pictures taken. The steakhouse was really cool...they had ties hanging everywhere because if you wear a tie they make a huge show about it and cut it off and hang it on the wall. It was pretty good food; we got steaks of course :p We had fun after we ate just walking around the area and seeing the area.
It was one of the most fun date night we've had in a real long time and a great way to celebrate being back together and the important dates we missed while Jonathan was at school :D
Here's the pictures of course: http://picasaweb.google.com/greeneblog/BirthdaysAnniversariesValentineSAndCowgirlBoots?authkey=Gv1sRgCM6IvP2a2tLVmgE&feat=directlink
And I'm including a video of Bella sleeping. If you turn up the volume you can actually hear her snoring! HAHA
No comments:
Post a Comment