This time we decided to make it a little more special. We went out to eat this past weekend at a really nice Japanese place (also really expensive), so we decided to stay home and cook. I cooked, per Jonathan's request, red beans & rice...yes, red beans & rice :) It was pretty good, he liked it which is most important, but it could've been a little more seasoned to me.
Also, Jonathan had been mentioning that he wanted santa cookies...so, I searched for forever to find a santa cookie cutter but no luck :( I looked on the Wilton web site, looked at several major stores like Wal-Mart, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, even the BX (base exchange...like a Target/Kohl's on base & tax free!!) and got nothing! So I got a set at Target that had a small santa head and other shapes with it. Then, I went to a local grocery store to get my stuff for the red beans & rice, and there in the very last place I'd think to look...a Wilton santa cookie cutter! Yay!!!
I made the sugar cookies with the golden cookie cutter (and also used the other ones I had gotten) and decorated them. I didn't do such a good job at decorating them, haha...the icing looked a little off, but they were good!
It was funny that we didn't even talk about getting each other anything, but we both got each other something, and the same thing! Great minds think alike, haha. I got Jonathan a Peanuts celebrates NASA's 50th anniv. ornament, and he got me a teddy bear with a wedding cake 1st Christmas ornament :) And even better, he got me a cute card! Which for those who don't know, he's not into getting cards...and I keep Hallmark in business, haha :p
1 comment:
Your cookies are precious! :)
Post a Comment