The Redhead, The Airman, The Mr. & Mrs.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sir Elton John Concert!!

The legendary Sir Elton John came to Tucson last week!! He was supposed to perform on Wednesday 21 July, but got food poisoning so he postponed it until the next night.  I'm glad because that would have been so sad to have missed out on seeing him! Lettme tell ya, that man puts on a SHOW!!! He's still got it :p The band was tight (musicians know that this means well put together and totally in sinc with each other) and Elton's voice was great.  If you didn't know, you never would've guessed he was so sick the night before.  The concert was at Tucson Convention Center and was sold out! It went on for almost 3hrs complete with an impromptu autograph for those at the front and an encore!! And to top it all off, we were 14 rows from the front row!!! To.die.for :p

Lol, I even almost got thrown out for my big ol' camera :p I had been taking pictures for a good hour and a half when one of the rent-a-security came and said that I couldn't have it out.  When I asked why, he said that it was a professional camera to which I said I'm not a professional, so what does it matter.  So, this went on with the same words a couple of times until he threatened to throw me out if I didn't put it up! Ugh, get a life :p He's lucky that I already had gotten some great pictures, lol :p Haha, the guy behind me wasn't so lucky and actually got escorted out! But, he came back shortly after :p

I was invited to go see Sir Elton with my new friend Vicki :) She's one of the volunteers for Lei and me, but even more, she has become a great friend! Actually she and Lei were already good friends, and I am lucky enough to now be counted in as part of the "gang", lol :p We all have entirely too much fun all goofing off, so it was sad that Lei couldn't come to the concert with us...but there will be more opportunities :)

Aneywho...here's the pictures for your viewing pleasure: http://picasaweb.google.com/108646088419709599136/SirEltonJohn22July2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCLykkqK-6ZzcKQ&feat=directlink

No comments: